PREPARING A CLAY PACK
For a clay pack you will want the clay to be spreadable but not too watery.
Mixing ratio 2:1 ie 2 parts water to one part clay.
Add the clay to the water not the water to the clay.
It is a good idea to plan ahead and prepare the clay approximately 1-2 hours in advance.. This will give the clay plenty of time to hydrate. Preparing a large batch for future use is also a good idea.
For large amounts alternately layering the clay and water will ensure a more even mixture. Start with water then clay then water etc. Any excess water can be poured off.
No mixing is necessary.
- Once it has become fully hydrated you will have a smooth paste that you can use for body wraps as well as facials.
- Kneading and extra water may be necessary if it becomes slightly dry during storage.
APPLYING THE CLAY PACK
- Spread directly onto the area to be treated or onto gauze/cloth and then apply.
- Lightly bandage to keep in place. An elastic bandage is ideal. The thicker you apply it the stronger it will be. Some applications may require 10mm thick and others only 5mm.
- Leave the clay on for approximately 20 to 60 minutes. A poultice can be kept on for a number of hours or over night if so desired.
Repeat as required. If the clay drys out it will become inactive and thus loses its effectiveness. If a longer application is required, it can be sprayed with a fine mist of water to keep it in a moist & active condition.
There are no products to list in this category.